Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shawnree in a Green Dress


Shawnree is one of my favorite guild models. She has a beautiful expression. But I had a hard time with this painting. This is the painting I was doing two years ago. The resulting 20 x 20" oil is good, but not what I want. However, frustration alone gets me nowhere. I placed it on top of the fireplace, so I can look at it everyday and figure out what I did not like. I am learning to be more patient with myself as a painter, and to do some writing about the paintings, which is also very helpful. Rebeca

2 comments:

  1. Nice, bold brush strokes on this one. The staring quality of her large eyes, and the dramatic lighting, create an intensity that reminds me of the German expressionists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diana. I love Max Beckmann, for example. But I need to work on her eyes. I will post again when finished.

    ReplyDelete