Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Larry Reading


 

Larry Reading  Acrylic on Canvas Size: 18" x 26"
I went back to Firehouse North for a second session and Larry was our model. A very pleasant man who read art journals for about three hours while a group of us painted him. He got breaks every fifteen minutes. In this case, most of the painters seemed to want him to get back into the exact pose he was in from the beginning. I don't get hung up on details so it doesn't matter to me, but I understand their concerns. I enjoy trying to capture the different points of view in the same sitting and think it gives the work a sense of rhythm. I can see such a big difference in painting from photographs and a live body. There are details that can get lost in the translation...isn't that the name of a movie?
Kathy Wills

No comments:

Post a Comment