Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Big Heads



A few weeks ago I got bored with straightforward portraiture and started distorting the figure. Alex, Signe, Lucy, and now Christopher have been portrayed with oversized heads and small bodies. None of these paintings is finished yet, however. Christopher's western scene will get a cowhide background, and various oversized insects will be added to all the paintings. I've fallen behind in these tasks because of preparing for the Firehouse show, but hope to find time soon to add spiders to Alex, moths to Signe, centipeded to Lucy, and scorpions to Christopher.









1 comment:

  1. I love to see all the risk taking in these paintings. I notice not only the distortion you are using but new color choices as well and different approach to the space. I like the contrast of the normal size objects in the room with the figures. I like how you changed the chair and the foot rest in the painting of Chris. My favorite one is Signe. The scale of the figure is working well with the space in the room.

    ReplyDelete