Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

India Ink on Paper

I had a hectic morning, had to leave early, and could not carry all of my paints where I was going, so I did studies of the people around me. The drawing paper was 12 x 9." I used bamboo pens, metal quills, a Faber-Castell india ink pen, and a small brush to do the figures. Of all of them, the only one I am not happy with is the one of Sonia the model, and only because I was not warmed up. Thanks to Ann Gordon who posed for five minutes and helped us warm up until Sonia came.

4 comments:

  1. Rebeca, are these your work? The attribution is to East Bay Plein Air. Anyway, kick-ass
    ink drawings. Lots of personality in each one, and good likenesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very expressive individually but I also like them as a group and the way they look together with the text on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the ink wash. Great drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. Yes, they are mine and thanks to you Diana I've been abe to fix my profile so that I can sign with my own name. I might do more of those, they were fun.

    ReplyDelete