Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Another Barbara


This is probably one of the tiniest paintings I have done all year, 12 x 9 inches. It was a masonite board I bought at Utrecht because I left my canvas at home. It is harder for me to work in this size, because it requires more control over my movements. I was happier with the way I handled her shoes this time, but what I really should have done is bring down all of the values in the painting so that the sparkle from those sequins done with pure titanium white would read like a sparkle. That was hard, though, because the blue light from the window was difficult to ignore, it was so bright and attractive.

1 comment:

  1. Rebeca, My favorite part of this painting is the shadows behind the little table: the ovoid aqua shape at the top, the greenish verticals coming down at a slant, and the tiny lavendar rectangle with a horizontal line at the left and a little black spermatozoid at the right. These shapes and colors really sing, especially when set off by the warm brown of the table itself.

    ReplyDelete